Nitrate Groundwater Pollution Hazard Index
The Nitrate Groundwater Pollution Hazard Index was developed to provide information to farmers interested in voluntary management practices that reduce nitrogen contamination potential in groundwater.
The index works with an overlay of soil, crop, and irrigation information. Based on the three components, an overall potential hazard number is assigned and management practices are suggested where necessary. If you don't know what soil type you have, try this online soil survey with detailed soil survey data for much of California, Arizona, and Nevada.
- Hazard Index Concept
- Supporting Evidence for the Nitrate Groundwater Pollution Hazard Index Concept
- Concentration versus Mass Flow
- Irrigation Principles
- Dynamics of Nitrogen Availability and Uptake
- Basic Factors Affecting N Transport through Soils
- Interpretation of Nitrate Groundwater Pollution Hazard Index Number