Alternative Manure Management Program (AMMP)
CDFA’s Alternative Manure Management Program (AMMP) provides financial assistance for the implementation of non-digester manure management practices in California, which will result in reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
Funds: Livestock and dairy producers can receive up to $750,000.
Eligible practices include:
- Either solid separation or conversion from flush to scrape, in conjunction with one of the following practices:
- Solar drying
- Daily spread
- Solid storage
- Alternative manure treatment and storage, such as:
- Compost bedded pack barn, or
- Slatted floor pit storage manure collection
- Transitioning to a pasture-based system
More examples of CDFA AMMP projects:
If you would like to hear from more dairy farmers who received CDFA AMMP funding, or learn more in-depth about the eligible projects, please check out this website by the California Dairy Quality Assurance Program.