Doug Parker Ph.D.
1111 Franklin St.
Oakland, CA 94607-5200
Office of the Associate Vice President
Doug Parker, Ph.D., Director, California Institute for Water Resources and Strategic Initiative Leader for the Water Initiative
Doug Parker is the Director of the California Institute for Water Resources and Strategic Initiative Leader for UC Agriculture and Natural Resources’ Water Quality, Quantity, and Security Strategic Initiative. He coordinates water-related research, extension, and education efforts across the 10 UC campuses, the UC ANR system, and other academic institutions within California.
Prior to joining the University of California, Doug worked on water quality issues related to the Chesapeake Bay as an Associate Professor and Extension Specialist in the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Maryland. He has also worked on issues related to California water as a Cooperative Extension Economist at UC Berkeley. Doug obtained his Ph.D. in Agricultural and Resource Economics at UC Berkeley and Bachelor’s Degrees in Economics and Environmental Studies at UC Santa Barbara.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Economics of Agricultural Production and Farm Management
- Natural Resource and Environmental Economics
- Nutrients and Water in Agricultural Landscapes
- Responding To Climate Change
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
California Agriculture Article Contributions
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Climate Change Adaptation - Member
- Economics and Mgmt in Food , Ag, Nat Res and the Environment - Member
- Water Quality - Member