Research and Outreach Projects
In collaboration with the California Institute for Water Resources, University of California academics provide solutions to address water-related issues in California. The Institute leverages federal investment to focus attention on the most critical water issues for the state. Currently funded projects include:
- Helen Dahlke of UC Davis is researching agricultural groundwater banking in alfalfa.
- Ted Grantham of UC Berkeley is analyzing how fish habitat responds to summer streamflow augmentation.
- Amir Haghverdi of UC Riverside is using remote sensing techniques to see how turfgrass responds to different irrigation strategies.
- Eric Palkovacs of UC Santa Cruz is studying how habitat restoration impacts salmon and water management.
- Leah Stokes of UC Santa Cruz is evaluating variable success rates in water conservation policy during California's drought.
- Amelia Vankeuren of CSU Sacramento is analyzing groundwater dynamics after California drought.
Learn more about all our current research projects by visiting the individual project links on the left sidebar.
Researcher Stephanie Carlson
of UC Berkeley in the field (M. Bogan)
Integrated Regional Water
Management community meeting
(Community Water Center)